For dads and their families, navigating safely through COVID-19 times requires maintaining all recommended hygiene practice and other preventive tips such as social distancing. The other serious issue to manage is the digital overload from heavy Television times to addictive mobile gadgets use. While new normal may require digital alternative for some activities for now, dads and moms should heathily manage screen time for their families. Too much screen times from TV, mobile phones, tablets, computers, and laptops can cause eye problem and migraine and encourage lack of exercise, inactive lifestyles, and poor health quality. The few digital detox tips are given below:
- Encourage break time from digital screen for yourselves and kids.
- Create non-digital activities for kids such as handy scrapebooking, indoor and outdoor games etc.
- Pick interesting books to read.
- Have more family fun times such as family game times, yard fun etc.
- Take advantage of this time to enjoy your non-digital hobbies.