While both parents share the responsibility to ensure total family safety for kids, dads should actively watch out for with what the kids interact, the safety of their toys, the TV shows they watch including the kid shows, the general websites that feature kids’ programs, the food they eat, the adverse weather, the behavior they pick from school and social gatherings, the health status among others. Believe me, there is no one that is multi-tasking and hardworking like a responsible and “watch-out” dad and/or mom.
- Mind and check the safety of their common products: what they are made up, any recall on them, where they were made, and if there are any consumer complaints.
- Observe safe precautions on their furniture.
- Ensure their laundry products are kid-proof.
- Mind those processed foods: lower processed foods them. Check and ensure their foods meet the balanced diet and have all the essential nutrients. Make sure there is quality.
- Guide and protect them around sharp objects in the house. Take all sharp objects like knives away from their reach.
- Keep them away from electricity and cleaning fluids such as bathroom cleaning products.
- Teach them hand hygiene habit- washing hands after bathroom use and when coming from outside.