Managing COVID-19 effectively requires that children safely go back to school for every learning purposes of early education. While physical schooling is still best recommended for physical and mental health, virtual classroom becomes temporary and supplemental option for regions with heavy COVID-19 issues. With virtual learning for kids, full classroom is brought to your home as parent of school-age kids. However, moms and dads may still face few privacy challenges during virtual classroom sessions for kids. The following tips may be helpful in managing privacy challenges for parents during kid virtual classroom.
- Understand the teleconference tools used for virtual classroom very well. For example, know how to manage the privacy features on the teleconference tools, especially the video and audio features control.
- Understand and comply with privacy and general rules and guides on kids virtual classroom for parents and legal guardians. The kids’ schools should be able to provide these.
- Remember to keep all private and personal business off the designated area for virtual classroom for your children. Do not discuss personal and family business around designated areas during virtual classroom sessions of your kids.
- While helping kids to set up the media features, do not do that, when coming from bathroom or in your private clothes.
- The video automatically comes up on some teleconference applications, if you have not previously set the video to not start, when you log in. You may need to set the video to not automatically start, when you log in for kid. The same thing goes for audio feature. Set the audio to mute first, if you need to discuss private messages with your kids, while on live classroom.
- Remember to log out and turn the system off for kids after virtual classroom sessions.
- Maintain the regular updates on the computer system used for your children’s virtual classroom.