- Economy: To say the truth, the current president is practical and serious on economy and American prosperity. However, can he do much better, if given more time and years? Dads and moms may decide that in 2020. Meanwhile, the contenders, who have sustainable and practical economic policies can sway votes. But now, all we have are promises with unsustainable plans from the contenders. I think America may prefer current economy with the hope of improving it more. It is better to continue from the status of economy as of today or before 2020 election, than another person starting all over again with unrealistic and unsustainable policies. So, let all contenders come with realistic, practical, and sustainable economy plans that can pick up from improved economic status as of today and change it to better economy after 2020 election. Friction between the political parties should be put aside, and all presidential candidates should come with proposed plans to make it better from the current level. So, there is no need to sabotage the current economic progresses, but bring on great and sustainable policies to improve it.
- Realistic gun control: Gun control issue is a top reflection of friction between freedom and security. Effective gun control management needs practical and realistic policies that will consider both security and freedom fairly. Taking advantage of the situation to promise people unrealistic polices will not help any candidates to get dads’ and mom’s votes. Also, doing nothing to improve the existing policies on gun control or dwelling on unrealistic gun control plans may impact getting people’s votes for either incumbent president or the contenders from other parties. Let peaceful call for effective gun control continue and let the person with better, practical, and realistic policies win votes on this issues.
- Healthcare: This area is still a joker for either incumbent president or any contender that have sustainable and realistic healthcare policies. Do not just consider only one working or social class. Consider all economy classes – high, middle, and lower class. Medicare for all is good to hear ! But who will actually be paying for it because there is no free money from government in realistic sense. Either working class is paying for it directly or indirectly. Then comes a question, no one is asking? What is plan for budgetary control for any candidates, who is promising us free stuffs such as free healthcare? If there is no sustainable plan on budgetary control and federal revenues for medicare for all, such healthcare plan is unsustainable. Working dads and moms are interested in realistic and sustainable healthcare for all working classes – affordable, accessible, and effective with no poor waiting time and high cost problem. Be careful, Canada may not be the best suitable healthcare model for U.S for many factors such as population size difference and handling of private insurance and waiting time setback.
- Jobs – Employment: Forget about party affiliation, when it comes this issue, Americans are Americans first before Democrats, Republicans, or Independent. So, job issue affects every Americans, not only one party. So for dads and moms with one goal – American prosperity, let any presidential contenders, incumbent or contenders that have capabilities to drive job creations for American win 2020. Voters may asking and looking for evidences from current and past political and other public portfolio of all presidential contenders on this issue. How did they influence job creation, when they held their previous political or public posts that have some level of stakeholder and policy authority?
- Education: Education is still one of the best ways to empower voters and voters’ children. However, the affordability and quality of education is very significant to having sustainable and improved education policies. Current president can do better on education by improving helping students with heavy student loans, even, if not forgiving all – majority of students may not qualify for current student loan forgiveness plans. Also, improved policies to make quality education more affordable at all levels are needed; it is not necessary to be free. For all presidential contenders with free education for all, the question again is how do you maintain budgetary control for this and how do you plan to maintain sustainable revenue generation for government purse without taking money from working class? Again, taking money from the rich is not that sustainable and practical. The realistic way may be how to boost national economy.
- Balancing Freedom and Security: We still don`t have effective ways of dealing with these two issues. While Democrats call for more freedom, Republicans are more security conscious. Both are good and none of the preference is bad at all ! However, we are not living in dream land, but world of reality. The bitter truth is that there could not be 100% Freedom and 100% security. Friction between the two has always been from ages and it tends to potentially continue. We need to have practical plans on how to balance the two – the realistic and practical policies that can fairly trade one for another at any time without jeopardizing the other. Examples are border control and gun control ! Freedom and security on such issues should be fairly balanced ! If any presidential candidates (both incumbent and contenders) don`t have realistic proposed policies and plans on balancing these freedom and security issues and others, 2020 election may be very challenging for such candidates to win people’s votes, especially votes of dads and moms that “thumb up” for America instead of any political parties .
Note: This blog is an independent perspective on important issues to Americans before and after 2020 election. This blog does not endorse any political groups, parties, or candidates. It is about American prosperity !