Making decision is a big deal to every big steps and situations including matter related to dad’s domains – personal finances, career, family-related matters, and other personal matters. While indecision is more delicate, making wrong decision may produce
little or big setback, waste of time and resources, and some undesirable outcomes. Here are few advise for dads, when taking both small and big decisions this year and years ahead:
- Ask God to help your spirit and mind to decide rightly.
- Do not make decisions, when you are emotionally disturbed.
- Do not make decision, when you are hungry !
- Do not make decision based on what you just like or don`t like !
- Seek valid and reliable counsel in making decision in some big and tough matters. Business, marriage, finance, investment, and children’s domains.
- Seek quality and helpful resources. Take advantage of the quality and reliable resources related to the issues and matters on which you want to make decision.
- Beware of what crowd thinks. The crow could be friends that lack experiences or unfamiliar with your specific matters and issues. The unreliable crowd’s advise could
be unfiltered and invalid resources and discussions online through social networks.
- Don`t make decision based on what you heard from media – from newspapers, TV media, and talk shows! Check and filter every resources and seek the reliable information with evidence-based pieces related to your matter only. There are many TV resources that are bias-driven and lack critical-thinking settings and processes.
- Don’t make decision based on other people’s issues. There are many hidden factors (we call these determinants in research) that people
may not tell you about their own situations. You can learn from other mistakes but their issues may not be helpful in making your own quality decisions.
- After you have your put everything in balanced perspective and you have asked God to help you in the decisions to be made, don’t be indecisive! Be optimistic, make your quality decision based on valid reasons !