The probability that the most of the U.S. schools including elementary ones not opening soon until 2020 Fall or beyond Fall is still low. Although the current proactive U.S. government seems to have solid plan on school opening as soon as feasible based on health safety assessment for children, dads or moms can support in some ways to keep the kids not too detached from the educational learning:
- Virtual is now becoming temporarily normal. Take advantage of free or affordable reliable online-based learning platforms with educational fun features for kids. Example are ABCMouse, Khan Academy etc.
- Get involved with them. Explore their school curriculums. While you may not be a perfect teacher, you can help with one or two topics or curriculum activities. It could be book reading, pronouncing words, learning numbers for toddlers, word rhymes, math pattern, writing, little Maths, Parts of Speech, Punctuation Marks, kid sciences etc.
- Take advantage of reliable children-safe television (TV) programs that offer educative fun and learning. However, do not leave them to the mercy of these TV programs for a long time daily. While there are good TV educative programs, you need to monitor the time they spend on TV. Review the TV programs’ contents because there may be some of them with which you may still not be comfortable.
- Create play time for them. Indoor sports, monitored yard play time, puzzles etc. While dads and moms could still be busy during this time, such play time could be twice or more every week for 30 minutes or a little more.
- Getting them engaged with fun activities such as scrapbooking, coloring arts etc.
- Explore reliable local, private, federal learning resources. Example are National Institute of Health’s kid resources, NASA kids’ club, American Chemical Society’s Middle School Chemistry, virtual children museum etc.